Sunday, January 16, 2005

The Women I Call Yesterdays Roses

I'm an avid collector of pictures and images. I love paintings, photographs, prints, postcards, and anything else that has a vintage image on it. I particularly look for anything that is pre-1940, especially wedding pictures. I can spend hours and hours just looking at them. I am utterly captivated and fascinated by them. I have come to realize that I simply love women. I love looking at images of women whose time has come and gone.....women who went before me. I love their differences and their sameness. I love how they are all so unique in the their sizes and shapes, their hairstyles, their clothing, and their expressions. Yet they are all the same in that they have lived, loved, laughed, and cried as they walked on this earth, each in their own time. I wonder about their lives. Did they know great joy? Did they know sorrow? Were they happy as children? What were their passions? What were their dreams? Did they find their dreams? Did they find great love? Whose lives did they touch? And whose lives touched theirs? I don't know the answers to these questions. I can only imagine. But what I do know is I am happy to be one of them! And I celebrate them!

No comments: