Friday, August 14, 2009

Rose Doily




I have a very large collection of vintage knitting, crocheting and tatting patterns and am adding more vintage books to my collection everyday. I'm hoping to open an ebay store in the next couple of weeks selling copies of all my collected patterns. I collect patterns from the 1800's up through the 1940's. Although I do have a few from the 1950's. I really love the glamour patterns of the 1940's and the intricate lace of the Victorian and Edwardian periods. I will also be posting free patterns here on my blog. The first is the Rose Doily pattern pictured above. You will find a link to the pdf for it listed under Vintage Patterns on the right. Some of you who are familiar with vintage patterns may notice that this pattern is based on an old potholder pattern. In fact, if you don't crochet the outer lace and end it after the folded points are finished you will have the potholder. Hope you enjoy making this doily!

No comments: